The Ngee Ann Kongsi Tertiary Scholarships & Bursaries for Academic Year 2016/17
The Ngee Ann Kongsi gives out scholarships and bursaries annually to deserving Teochew students. Scholarships are given to students with excellent academic results, strong in co-curricular activities and display leadership qualities. Students with good academic results and who are in need of financial assistance may apply for the bursaries.
Who are eligible for The Ngee Ann Kongsi Tertiary Scholarships/Bursaries?
1. Student must be a Teochew and Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident of Singapore, and of good character and conduct.
2. Student must be studying full-time or has been admitted for a full-time programme in:
(A) NUS / NTU / SMU / SUTD / SIT / UniSIM; or
(B) Singapore / Ngee Ann / Temasek / Nanyang / Republic Polytechnic.
3. Student applying for bursary must attain a minimum of C6 per subject.
4. Student must only apply for Scholarship or Bursary and not both.
5. Application from student in receipt of CDC/CCC/MOE bursary may be considered by the selection panel.
Value of the Awards
For one academic year only
NOTE: The Scholarship/Bursary is not automatically renewed for subsequent academic years.
The Scholarship/Bursary shall only be used to pay the tuition fees.
Download Scholarship Application Form Download Bursary Application Form
Applicants are reminded to mail their supporting documents to:
The Ngee Ann Kongsi Tertiary Scholarships & Bursaries for AY2016/17
The Ngee Ann Kongsi
97 Tank Road
Important Dates of The Ngee Ann Kongsi Tertiary Scholarships & Bursaries for Academic Year 2016/17
Acceptance of Applications: 3rd June – 17th June 2016
Closing Date of Applications: 5pm, 17th June 2016
Interviews: Saturday, 16th July 2016 & Sunday, 17th July 2016
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified by email to attend the interviews.
NOTE: Failure to attend the interview is deemed as withdrawal.
Please provide photocopy of the following documents to be submitted with the application:
1. National Registration Identity Card – (NRIC, front & back).
2. Birth Certificate.
3. Proof of admission to Polytechnic or University (for 1st year students only).
4. Singapore – Cambridge General Certificate of Education “O” Level Certificate and/or Result slip or equivalent.
5. Singapore – Cambridge General Certificate of Education “A” Level Certificate and/or Result slip or equivalent.
6. Polytechnic and/or University results for all semesters. (With Cumulative Average Point or Grade Point Average)
7. Testimonials, co-curricular activities record, proof of awards received, etc.
8. For Bursary applicants, please submit proof of income for the household. All information on income must be accompanied by:-
a) Employer’s certification letter; OR
b) Pay slip (preferably the past 3 months); OR
c) The latest income tax statement; OR
d) CPF statement of the past 12 months (if a, b, c are not available).
For self-employed family member, please attach an income declaration letter.
Award Ceremony: Saturday, 6th August 2016, 2.30pm at Ngee Ann Auditorium,
97 Tank Road, Teochew Building Level 2, Singapore 238066
Applications open on 3rd June 2016 for AY2016/17.
Early, late, incomplete applications will not be considered.
This website will be next updated end-May 2016.