The Ngee Ann Kongsi Tertiary Scholarships & Bursaries for Academic Year 2015/16
The Ngee Ann Kongsi gives out scholarships and bursaries annually to deserving Teochew students. Scholarships are given to students with excellent academic results, strong in co-curricular activities and display leadership qualities. Students with good academic results and who are in need of financial assistance may apply for the bursaries.
Changes to the S&B scheme
(1) All applications have to be submitted online or by mail. Application forms can be downloaded from the website. Application forms will no longer be made available at The Ngee Ann Kongsi, which will not attend to submission in person.
(2) All notifications will be made via email.
(3) Online applicants are also to mail their supporting documents with the relevant cover page (scholarship/bursary), which can be downloaded from our website, to The Ngee Ann Kongsi.
(4) Applicant is allowed to concurrently hold a bursary from CDC/CCC/MOE, and any other awards, subject to a cap of S$2,000.00 per award.
Who are eligible for The Ngee Ann Kongsi Tertiary Scholarships/Bursaries?
1. Student must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident of Singapore.
2. Student must be a Teochew.
3. Student is currently studying or has been admitted into a local university or polytechnic
(A) NUS / NTU / SMU / SUTD / SIT
(B) Singapore / Ngee Ann / Temasek / Nanyang / Republic Polytechnic
4. Student is allowed to concurrently hold a bursary from CDC/CCC/MOE, and any other awards, subject to a cap of $2,000.00 per award.
5. Student must be of good character and conduct.
6. Student applying for bursary must attain a minimum of C6 per subject.
7. Student must only apply for Scholarship or Bursary and not both.
Important Dates of The Ngee Ann Kongsi Tertiary Scholarships & Bursaries for Academic Year 2015/16
Acceptance of Applications: 29th May – 12th June 2015
Closing Date of Applications: 12th June 2015, 5pm
Interviews: 18th & 19th July 2015
NOTE: Failure to attend the interview is deemed as withdrawal.
Award Ceremony: 1st August 2015 (Saturday)
Early, late, incomplete applications or applications via email will not be considered.
Application and Information pertaining to Scholarships and Bursaries
Online Application Forms
Applications will only open on 29th May 2015.
To complete the application process, please prepare all relevant documents with the cover page and mail them to us after you have submitted your application online.
Download Cover Page for Online Application
Download Application Forms
Please mail your application to:
The Ngee Ann Kongsi Tertiary Scholarships & Bursaries for AY 2015/16
97 Tank Road Teochew Building
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified by email to attend the interview.
Recipients of The Ngee Ann Kongsi Tertiary Scholarships/Bursaries for Academic Year 2015/16
We regret that only recipients will be notified by email to attend the award ceremony.
Date: 1st August 2015 (Saturday)
Venue: Ngee Ann Auditorium,97 Tank Road, Teochew Building Level 2, Singapore 238066